Welcome to the Young Pediatric Urologists Committee!
The ESPU YPUC is a group of pediatric urologists mainly comprised of fellows, who are in training in one of the JCPU programs, as well as past fellows and other members who can contribute importantly. It is a relatively small working group elected among the members of the larger young pediatric urologists club to improve effectiveness.
The YPUC members share a passion for academic pediatric urology and further improving the European curriculum of the pediatric urologic fellowship by active contribution and collaboration.
We are committed to uphold and entertain a large network of “young” people interested in pediatric urology in order to further promote our great subspecialty.
- Recent survey of opinion, and now a prospective study of catheter use in infant and pediatric UTI
- Running a survey to assess knowledge and training exposure in renal replacement therapy
- Hosting a session within the Sept 2020 Lisbon congress
- Using social media to ease the burden of staying up to date
- Enhancing an exchange program between centres
- Considering ways of educating young people about testicular torsion
Sebastien Faraj MD, PHD
Fellow in Pediatric urology
CHU de Nantes, France
Mieke Waterschoot MD, FEBU
Fellow in Pediatric and Reconstructive Urology, Uz Ghent, Belgium
Fellow at the Ordensklinikum Linz, Barmherzige Schwestern, Linz, Austria
Service de Chirurgie Urologique, Viscérale et Transplantation Pédiatrique, Hôpital Femme Mère et Enfant, Lyon (FRANCE)
Valeska Bidault, PhD
CHU R. Debre, Paris, France
Rianne (J.M.) Lammers
Fellow pediatric urology @ UMC Groningen, the Netherlands
Exchange programme coordinator
Gaziantep Maternity and Children's Hospital
Pediatric Urologist at Regional Children's Hospital, Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation.