Mission and Vision of the ESPU
The Mission of the ESPU
- In everything we do, we want to increase/promote best personalized care in children & adolescents with any genito-urinary conditions, independent of where they come from and who they are.
- Therefore, we put the child at the centre, from a lifelong perspective, enabling them (and their caregivers) to make an informed choice.
- As a leading independent European based society of paedtatric urology professionals:
- We are the resource for specialized practitioners worldwide.
- Providing education & European qualification.
- Facilitating transfer of state of the art knowledge & information, scientific exchange & international collaboration through multidisciplinary networks.
- Defining evidence based standards & guidelines for quality of care.
- We help patients & care givers to find the best care.
- We act as an influencer for policy makers directing the future of healthcare within our field.
Our vision: We achieve this mission by
- Adapting what and how we communicate, reaching all stakeholders (patients & caregivers, professionals ...).
- Activating the next generation within the ESPU.
- Defining what a good urology professional is and getting official/formal recognition for our sub specialty.
- Educating (young) professionals in light of this quality definition.
- Evaluating & reinforcing our research programme.
- Increasing our funding (charity, pharmaceutical, community ...).
- Improving the interface with adult urology (transition).
- Increasing involvement of patients & caregivers.
- Focusing on our independence while staying collaborative.