- Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery.
- Title of specialist in Paediatric Surgery obtained in country member of the European Union.
- Interested in paediatric urology or previous experience in paediatric urology.
- Language skills: spanish, english, catalan.
What we offer?
- Incorporation into healthcare, teaching and research tasks in the Paediatric Urology Division. Our unit is one of the accredited training centers of the European Board of Paediatric Urology (EBPU).
- Tempory contract during the Fellowship period. Salary according to the hospital collective agreement.
- Incorporation date : April-May 2021.
Who we are?
SJD Barcelona Children's Hospital is an institution that is dedicated to public service. Since 1867, our hospital has been dedicated to comprehensive care for women, children and adolescents, and has become one of the most important specialized paediatric centers in Europe. Our care is based on the multidisciplinary work of our professionals. Through the Sant Joan de Déu Research Foundation, we conduct research to find new and better treatments for paediatric diseases. As a university hospital, we contribute to the training of health professionals, together with the Universitat de Barcelona.
The Division of Paediatric Urology is led by Dr. Luis García-Aparicio; it is established within the Department of Paediatric Surgery led by Prof Xavier Tarrado. The division of Paediatric Urology is composed by 3 full-time surgeons, 2 part-time surgeons and 3 nurses that take care of our patients. Our teamwork is divided in 4 major areas: obstructive uropathies, genitalia, bladder dysfunctions and oncology.
We work together with the Fetal Medicine Department in the diagnosis and treatment of urological malformations; we perform fetal surgery in the Low Urinary Tract Obstruction (LUTO).
Patients with end-stage-renal disease that need renal transplantation are treated together with the Department of Urology of the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, we are allowed to perform both cadaveric and living-donor transplantation.
Our goal is not only to promote and encourage the training of our professionals in order to improve the health of our patients and the community, but also to advance scientific and human knowledge.
How to apply?
To apply please send your CV and a letter explaining the reasons why you want to perform the fellowship program.