These documents provide the information for Candidates, who are going to undertake the FEAPU examinations. It is important to note that the FEAPU qualification can only be officially given to candidates trained within the UEMS recognised countries.
International fellowship outside UEMS exam has been offered from 2014 onwards to a limited number of non-European candidates wishing to take the exams. You will need to provide evidence of satisfactory training from your respective head of the department. If the candidates pass both exams, they will receive a certificate, that they passed the oral and written exams, however they will not receive the title FEAPU.
Their names will appear on the website of the European Board of Paediatric Urology within the Multidisciplinary Joint Committee of paediatric urology.
FEAPU examinations are held in two parts: Written MCQs and Oral exam on structured clinical scenarios. It is necessary to pass both parts to receive the FEAPU certificate, on condition the candidate underwent the whole fellowship (two years full time fellowship in a certified training programme or 4 years full time fellowship in a non-certified training programme) within the UEMS recognized countries. Otherwise she/he will get the same certification as an international candidate. Maternity / paternity leave will prolong the training period accordingly. For a fellow with a part time job, a 50% of workload should be required as minimal for appropriate paediatric urology training and the training period is prolongated accordingly.
- The MCQ test can be taken anytime during the fellowship (minimum length of the fellowship is two years in an EBPU-certified training programme and 4 years in a non-certified training programme). However, you need to be board certified urologist or paediatric surgeon, when you started your fellowship.
- The oral exam can only be taken at the end of the training (the earliest term is three months before the fellowship is completed; i.e. at the end of January, if the fellowship ends at the end of April). Candidate can take both exams together (only one application fee) . However, the fellowship must be finished at the end of April in the same year.
- All applications for the exams must be submitted online before the deadline (31st of October 23:59 (Paris time zone). No applications will be accepted after the deadline.
- Once accepted for the exams, the candidate must pay the exam fees before the 30th of November. If fees are not paid, the candidate will be barred from taking the exams.
- The MCQ test is of the duration of 2 hours and comprises of 100 single correct answer questions. There is no negative marking; the pass mark may vary each year depending on the degree of difficulty of the set paper.
- The oral exam is based on structured clinical scenarios. Each candidate will be examined over two tables with two examiners on each table. Two scenarios per table, one examiner will conduct the viva and the other will just take notes. After 12 minutes, there will be swap over and the examiners will switch roles. Each candidate will thus be examined on 4 separate scenarios. It usually takes about 70 minutes to complete the oral exam.
- In the oral exam, the candidates are marked from 4-8 points for each scenario by each examiner independently on a single table. Candidate scoring 12, passes on that scenario except if they score 4 in any single scenario. If they score 5 in one scenario, they can pass overall if they score at least 7 in the other. If they score 4 in any scenario, they cannot pass. With 4 scenarios, each candidate can score an overall maximum of 64. The pass mark overall is 48 (4 x 12).
- If a candidate fails the MCQ or oral exam, she/he can take the exams again the following year. If the fellow pass one of the parts, she/he have only to repeat the part that they were unsuccessful. After three failures in one part, the candidates need to redo the whole exam.
- Mandatory documents to provide for both exams are: Curriculum Vitae and for UEMS candidates only: a supporting Letter from the training programme director or the hospital medical director or the secretary of the appropriate national scientific association stating that she/he is practicing more than 80% of the full-time work load in paediatric urology.
- For qualification of the oral exam you will also need:
- A surgical log book of the whole department of all paediatric urology cases performed during the last 12 months as well as the logbook of the applicant containing detailed data about the trainee’s clinical and operative experience and academic performance (see the appropriate form). The surgical logbook should be co-signed by the programme director and / or head of the department of the candidate. Evidence of CME or evidence of attendance at 2 major paediatric urology meetings within the last 3 years.
- List of publications or any other academic work done concerning paediatric urology.
- All documents have to be submitted online before (31st of October 23:59 (Paris time zone). No documents will be accepted after the deadline.
- For any questions related with FAQ /UEMS/EACCME issue please visit the related website : http://eu-acme.org/cme-providers/faq/
FEAPU Certification Exam application is now closed.
Candidates will be contacted by organisers.
- Deadline for application submission and application fee payment was 31st of October, 2019 at 23:59 (Paris time zone).
- If your application is accepted, you will be requested to pay the related exam fees before the 30th of November, 2019.
- Certification will be held in Leuven Belgium on Friday the 24th and Saturday the 25th of January 2020. MCQ written exam will be on Friday from 11:30 am till 01:30 pm, the oral exam will start on Saturday morning at 9:00 am.
How to get there?
The Brussels National Airport
How to get from the airport to Leuven by train:
There is a direct train connection between the airport and the city of Leuven.
The Brussels National Airport railway station is located under the airport building at level -1.
At Leuven train station an elevator is going from each platform (level 0) to the pedestrian.
We have negotiated special fares for the upcoming exam. Contact details can be found on these forms.
The cut off date for these rooms is 28th of December 2019 for IBIS and 10th of January 2020 for PARK INN.
Please make sure you have your reservations done before that date.
Ibis Budget Leuven Centrum - Booking form
Martelarenlaan 10 -3010 LEUVEN – Belgium
+32 (0) 16 47 98 80
Park Inn by Radisson Leuven - Booking form
Martelarenlaan 36, 3010 Leuven, Belgium
+32 (0) 16 61 66 00